Author: Ines Bautista-Yao
Publication: 2017 by Spark Books
Source: Bought from National Bookstore
Genre: New Adult, Romance
hen they have nothing better to do, college students Billie Santiago and Carlos Angeles enjoy imagining what their lives will be like five years into the future. It’s never serious—just a whole lot of teasing and poking fun at each other. Until blindingly handsome, PR professional Iñigo Antonio saunters into the university bookstore where Billie works. All of a sudden, she finds herself face to face with the physical manifestation of the very dream she tells Carlos about.
Captivated by Iñigo’s magnetic personality, Billie is lured into his dazzlingly glamorous world—much to Carlos’s frustration. But as Billie notices Iñigo might not be playing by the rules, Carlos begs her to stay away from him. When Billie doesn’t listen, she realizes too late that she is in over her head and it may take a miracle (or a boy who cares deeply about her) to help get her out of it.
PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:
▴ National Bookstore▴
- Bestfriend turns lovers trope. Was absolutely stoked about this but then I was just underwhelmed.
- The plot is too predictable.
- Typos here and there (siiiiiigh).
- Carlos Angeles, the bestfriend, is another character that is just too good to be true.
- Billie, the female lead, the female-jealous-and-girl-hating lead. Why would you hate someone just because they like glittery things?
- And then we have Iñigo, the hunk who Billie fancies the first time she saw him and then she started stalking him on social media.
- Practically skimmed sixty pages of it because a) predictable and b) too flowery.
- What happened (SPOILERY): Billie practically is drooling over Inigo. Carlos is with glittery girl Patricia (she's nice to be honest, she didn't deserve the hate and cold treatment from Billie). Billie hates Patricia. Inigo offered Billie a part time job but only to bust Inigo's extortionist ass. Billie is jealous with Patricia. Carlos is jealous with Inigo (and it's as if he used Patricia for distraction/diversion which is so unfair). Then Billie had undergone makeover. Carlos fell for her. Dafuq.
- How shallow it is for a person to realize he's in love with someone right after her makeover. Women are more than their physical appearance so fuck you po Carlos. You could have assessed yourself in the middle of the story but no, you waited till she had her makeover. So fuck you po Carlos.
"Quote to follow."