Where I relive the experience and share all the feels before, during and after meeting these fantastic authors WHO ARE BASICALLY LIFE.
I started my February with so much fun! I attended my first bookish event for the year and met NYT Best Selling Author of The Lorien Legacies and Endgame, Jamey Frey! I liked how he's straight to the point and his "adult" kind of humor (well, maybe because am adult also). He answers questions the way he wanted to. I mean, there's no pretenses or something which is absolutely a breath of fresh air for me. The event was a little short but I didn't have to "behave" the entire time. I didn't feel shy or intimidated unlike with the past authors I've met. That's what am basically saying. :)
James Frey didn't use the mic anymore since there were only a few of us so I didn't record the Q and A anymore (my phone recording app sucks without mic LOL). Instead, I wrote teeny tiny phrases from the said Q and A.
* The logistics of having the book published around the world is the hardest. They have to make sure the puzzle + prize are legal.
* MIT people made/wrote the puzzle embedded in the book.
* The only rule is that there are no rules (when it comes to writing but he said it probably wouldn't work in real life. :D )
* He said a few times already that he wanted to make a "chase" scene here in Manila to be included on Endgames' Book 2. (AWESOMESAUCE RIGHT?)
* What sets Endgame apart: totally not dystopia, characters are diverse and there is no boring love triangle! (FTW)
* The character that most resembles him would be Jago. (Did I spell that right?)
* And he wouldn't change anything in the book!
(For the complete Q and A transcript, visit Kai of Amaterasu Reads' Recap HERE)
|Dianne of Oops, I Read a Book Again - Nicole of The Twins Read - Precious of Fragments of Life - Sab of Sab The Book Eater and Kai of Amaterasu Reads!|
|Dianne and Sab with Jello, Deavelle and Mary Ann of Teen Readers' Diary.|
|Sorry for the blurry shot! (looks at Louie!)|
Check out these photos by National Bookstore from the signing in CEBU and MANILA!
|My signed goodies! Thank you HarperCollins for the book, NBS for the shirt and Sab for the Polaroid Shot!|
|With James Frey!|