Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.
Hellew everyone! It has been a little over a month since I posted something for Stacking the Shelves meme and I have quite a haul to share. These are the titles I got since May (?) but I forgot to post them and even couldn't remember the dates of purchase. But it doesn't matter, as long as I remember what I got and what I haven't shared here yet, then that's what is important.
Sorry for the crappy photo below. I was ambitiously trying to capture a macro shot using
Just a little back story though: I got these books months back in separate occasions and different locations. I guess this is another collective haul, if I may say. I attended Jenny Han's Book Signing event last June and got all her titles signed. Aside from attending such swell bookish event, my co-bloggers and I received an ARC of Ashes to Ashes as well as an ARC of Isla and the Happily Ever After during Stephanie Perkins' Book Signing event a month after. National Bookstore is just THAT awesome! (Oh goodness, someone remind me to write my Perkins' signing recap post, please?) We also ordered the Collector's Edition of Ruin and Rising from Barnes and Noble and it was really pretty! (Thanks to Maricar of Blackplume and Kazhy of My Library in the Making for making it possible) Then Louisse of The Soul Sisters gifted me her copy of Wait for You by J. Lynn and Kai of Amaterasu Reads gifted me her fantastic ARC of The Last Forever. I've been lusting over this book, I swear, since the moment I saw its cover and I couldn't stop bugging/begging Kai to just give it to me! Thank goodness she did! And I borrowed QoT from Chyna of Lite-rate-ture. There was supposed to be a blog tour but it didn't push through.
And last but not the least, my glorious copy of Open Road Summer. I fell in love with it the moment the cover was revealed last year. (You all know I have a thing for covers like this right?) I asked my local book store if they would order copies but was immediately let down since they wouldn't. I was so tempted to order it via Special Order even if it was expensive, but good thing I waited. It was such a pain in the butt to wait but it was worth it. They finally ordered a few copies and I felt so special that they contacted me right away. I still haven't read it and I am really crossing my fingers that it would be worth all the trouble. Thank you so much, Fullybooked Fort!
* The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling #1) by Erika Johansen (ARC; 3/5 star review)
* The Last Forever by Deb Caletti (ARC)
* Wait for You (Wait for You #1) by J. Lynn
* Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins (ARC; 5/5 star review)
* Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn #3) by Jenny Han, Siobhan Vivian (ARC)
* Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo (Collector's Edition)
* Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn #1) by Jenny Han (Goodreads Author), Siobhan Vivian
* The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #1) by Jenny Han
* It's Not Summer Without You (Summer #2) by Jenny Han
* We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) by Jenny Han
* Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
Thank you so much Blogger friends, National Bookstore, Simon Teen, Simon and Schuster and Fullybooked!