Where I share all my bookish feels about certain topics I find intriguing, fun or controversial. Basically my two bookish cents.
I can say that I'm a little obsessive-compulsive when it comes to my things and it started way back when I was little. Aside from the things I've received as a gift or as a prize, every little thing I have is a product of hard work. So when it comes to books, I treat them as a very prized possession.HOW DO YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR BOOKS?
So here are my own ways, probably weird ones, of how I take care of them:
1. I put them on a shelf/case high enough so nothing could bite into them like mice, roaches or any other destructive insects (I don't have anything like that in my room thank God!) and so no water would ruin them like floods (we have a lot of that here in the Philippines) or accidents (while I am cleaning the room, while I am drinking). You get the picture.
2. The shelves that I am currently using are the ones I wall mounted myself and I wipe them with a dry piece of cloth weekly to avoid dust.
3. As much as possible, I don't make dog-ears and I just open them wide enough for me to read so I could also prevent it from ruining the spine.
4. When I travel and I need to bring a book, I put them in a book bag or big pouch to avoid getting any marks on the cover.
5. No highlighting.
6. I religiously make sure there are no finger prints left (especially the shiny covers) on the cover before covering them.
7. Plastic cover is what I use but I used to do it like how a dust jacket covers a hardbound book, but as time passes by, the tapes turn yellow and leaves a disgusting mark.
|This is my Tuesdays with Morrie book and look at those ugly tape stains! Ugh!|
|Examples of my sealed books. All of them are covered this way.|
So those are some of my ways on how I take care of my books. I told you am a little OC but what do you think? It would probably sound too much but what about you guys? Do you have any special way of taking care of them?